[ Back ]
- Auburn University (Ph.D., 2009, Biomechanics)
- Auburn University (M.Ed., 2006, Exercise Science)
- University of Southern Mississippi (B.S., 2004, Athletic Training)
Areas of Research
- Lateral Ankle Sprain Mechanics
- Sport Biomechanics
- Influence of Therapeutic Horseback Riding on Gait
Areas of Teaching
- Anatomical Kinesiology
- Motor Learning and Skill Analysis
- Neural Control of Human Movement
- Knight, A. & Coffey, K. (2016). The effect of equine assisted therapy on gait for an individual with a spinal cord injury. PALAESTRA, 30(4), 40-43.
- Chander, H., Garner, J., Wade, C., & Knight, A. (2016). Slip initiation in alternative and slip resistant footwear. International Journal of Occupational Safety and Ergonomics, In Press.
- Knight, A., Holmes, M., Chander, H., Stewart, T., and Kimble, A. (2016). Assessment of balance among adolescent track and field athletes, Sports Biomechanics, 15(2), 169-179.
- Coffey, K., Knight, A., & Wax, B. (2015). Equine assisted therapy and changes in gait for a participant with Down syndrome . Journal of Human Sciences and Extension, 3 (3), 18-26.
- Knight, A., Lamberth, J., Galloway, R., Reynolds, N., & Luczak, T. (2014).The effect of static club head loft of a driver on golf ball launch variables and distance . International Journal of Golf Science, 3, 151-162.
- Knight, A. & Weimar, W. (2013). Difference in ratio of evertor to invertor activity between the dominant and non-dominant legs during simulated lateral ankle sprain. Journal of Sport Rehabilitation, 22(4), 272-278.
- Lamberth, J., Hale, B., Knight, A., Boyd, J., & Luczak, T. (2013). Effects of 6-weeks of strength and functional training on golf performance. International Journal of Golf Science, 2, 33-42.
- Knight, A.C. & Weimar, W.H. (2012). Effects of ankle taping and previous injury on the latency of the peroneus longus. Sports Biomechanics, 11, 48-56.
- Gilliland, K.J. & Knight, A.C. (2012). Friedreich's ataxia and gait changes through participation in therapeutic horseback riding. Clinical Kinesiology, 66, 1-6.
- Knight, A.C. & Weimar, W.H. (2011). Effects of inversion perturbation after step down task on the latency of the peroneus longus and peroneus brevis. Journal of Applied Biomechanics, 27, 283-290.
- Knight, A.C. & Weimar, W.H. (2011). Development of a fulcrum methodology to replicate thelateral ankle sprain mechanism and measure dynamic inversion speed. Sports Biomechanics, DOI:10.1080/14763141.2011.638724
- Knight, A.C. & Weimar, W.H. (2011). Difference in response latency of the peroneus longus between the dominant and nondominant legs. Journal of Sport Rehabilitation, 20 (3), 321-332.
- American Society of Biomechanics (ASB)
- National Athletic Trainers' Association (NATA)
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)