- Auburn University (Ph.D., 2009, Biomechanics)
- Auburn University (M.Ed., 2006, Exercise Science)
- University of Southern Mississippi (B.S., 2004, Athletic Training)
Areas of Research
- Lateral Ankle Sprain Mechanics
- Clinical and Sport Biomechanics
- Occupational Biomechanics
Areas of Teaching
- Anatomical Kinesiology
- Neural Control
- Simpson J., Koldenhoven R., Wilson S., Stewart E., Turner A., Chander H., & Knight A. (2022). Lower extremity joint kinematics of a simulated lateral ankle sprain after drop landings in subjects with chronic ankle instability. Sports Biomechanics, 21(4), 428-446. DOI: 10.1080/14763141.2021.1908414
- Chander H, Kodithuwakku Arachchige SNK, Turner AJ & Knight AC. (2022). Is it me or the room moving? Recreating the classical “moving room” experiment with virtual reality for postural control adaptation. Adaptive Behavior, 30(2), 199-204. https://doi.org/10.1177/1059712320971372
- Kodithuwakku Arachchige SNK, Burch V R.F., Chander, H., Turner, A.J., & Knight, A.C. (2022). The use of wearable devices in cognitive fatigue: current trends and future intentions. Theoretical Issues in Ergonomics Science, 23(3), 374-386. https://doi.org/10.1080/1463922X.2021.1965670
- Turner AJ, Carroll W, Kodithuwakku Arachchige SNK, Saucier D, Burch, RFV, Ball JE, Smith BK, Freeman CE, Knight AC, & Chander, H (2021). Closing the Wearable Gap — Part VIII: A Validation Study for a Smart Knee Brace to Capture Knee Joint Kinematics. 152–162. https://doi.org/10.3390/biomechanics1010012
- Chander H, Kodithuwakku Arachchige SNK, Turner AJ, Burch RFV, Knight AC, Wade C, & Garner JC (2021). Role of Occupational Footwear and Prolonged Walking on Lower Extremity Muscle Activation during Maximal Exertions and Postural Stability Tasks. Biomechanics, 1(2), 202–213. https://doi.org/10.3390/biomechanics1020017
- Kodithuwakku Arachchige SNK, Chander H, Knight AC, Chen C, Pan Z, & Turner AJ (2020) Impact of Foot Arch type and Minimalist Footwear on Static Postural Stability, Footwear Science, 12 (3), 173-183. https://doi.org/10.1080/19424280.2020.1791976
- Simpson J., Koldenhoven R., Wilson S., Stewart E., Turner A., Chander H., & Knight A. (2020). Ankle kinematics, center of pressure progression, and lower extremity muscle activity during a side-cutting task in participants with and without chronic ankle instability. Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology, 54, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jelekin.2020.102454.
- Simpson J., Stewart E., Turner A., Macias D., Chander H., & Knight A. (2020). Lower limb joint kinetics during a side-cutting movement in participants with and without chronic ankle instability. Journal of Athletic Training, 55(2), 169-175, https://doi.org/10.4085/1062-6050-334-18.
- Saucier D., Luczak T., Nguyen P., Davarzani S., Peranich P., Ball J.E., Burch R.F., Smith B.K., Chander H., Knight A., & Prabhu R.K. (2019). Closing the wearable gap – Part II: Sensor orientation and placement for foot and ankle joint kinematic measurements. Sensors, 19, 3509; http://doi:10.3390/s19163509
- Simpson J., Rendos N., Stewart E., Turner A., Wilson S., Macias D., Chander H., & Knight A. (2019). Bilateral spatiotemporal postural control impairments are present in participants with chronic ankle instability. Physical Therapy in Sport, 39, 1-7. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ptsp.2019.06.002.
- Simpson J., Cosio-Lima L., Scudamore E., O’Neal E., Stewart E., Miller B., Chander H., & Knight A. (2019). Effects of Weighted Vest Loading during Daily Living Activities on Countermovement Jump and Sprint Performance. International Journal of Sports Physiology and Performance, 11, 1-10, http://doi:10.1123/ijspp.2019-0318
- Simpson J., Stewart E., Rendos N., Cosio-Lima L., Wilson S., Macias D., Chander H., & Knight A. (2019). Anticipating ankle inversion perturbations during a single-leg drop landing alters ankle joint and impact kinetics. Human Movement Science, 66, 22-30, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.humov.2019.03.015.
- Kodithuwakku Arachchige S.N.K., Knight, A.C., & Chander, H. (2019). Flat feet: Biomechanical implications assessment, and management. The Foot, 38, 81-85. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.foot.2019.02.004 .
- Simpson J., Stewart E., Mosby A., Macias D., Chander H., & Knight A. (2019). Lower Extremity Kinematics during Ankle Inversion Perturbations: A Novel Methodology that Simulates an Unexpected Lateral Ankle Sprain Mechanism. Journal of Sport Rehabilitation, 28(6), 593-600. http://doi.org/10.1123/jsr.208-0061.
- Simpson J., Stewart E., Turner A., Macias D., Chander H., & Knight A. (2019). Neuromuscular control in individuals with chronic ankle instability: A comparison of unexpected and expected ankle inversion perturbations during a single leg drop-landing. Human Movement Science, 64, 133-141. http://doi/org:10.1016/j.humov.2019.01.013.
- Simpson J., Stewart E., Macias D., Chander H., & Knight A. (2019). Individuals with Chronic Ankle Instability Exhibit Dynamic Postural Stability Deficits and Altered Unilateral Landing Biomechanics: A Systematic Review. Physical Therapy in Sport, 37, 210-2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ptsp.2018.06.003.
- Simpson, J.D., Miller, B.L., O’Neal, E., Chander, H., & Knight, A. & (2018). Ground reaction forces during a drop vertical jump: Impact of external load training. Human Movement Science, 59, 12-19.
- Chander, H., Knight, A.C., Wade, C., Carruth, D., DeBusk, H., & Hill, C.M. (2018). Impact of military type footwear and workload on heel contact dynamics during slip events. International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics, 66, 18-25.
- Simpson, J., DeBusk, H., Hill, C.M., Knight, A.C., & Chander, H. (2018). The role of military footwear type and workload on ground reaction forces during a simulated lateral ankle sprain mechanism, The Foot, 34, 53-57.
- Simpson J., Miller B., O’Neal E., Chander H., & Knight A. (2017). External Load Training Does Not Alter Balance Performance in Well-Trained Women. Sports Biomechanics, 1-14. DOI: 10.1080/14763141.2017.1341546.
- Chander, H., Garner, J., Wade, C., & Knight, A. (2017). Slip initiation in alternative and slip resistant footwear. International Journal of Occupational Safety and Ergonomics, 23(4), 558-569. IDOI: 10.1080/10803548.2016.1262498.
- Knight, A. & Coffey, K. (2016). The effect of equine assisted therapy on gait for an individual with a spinal cord injury. PALAESTRA, 30(4), 40-43.
- Knight, A., Holmes, M., Chander, H., Stewart, T., and Kimble, A. (2016). Assessment of balance among adolescent track and field athletes, Sports Biomechanics, 15(2), 169-179.
- Knight, A. & Weimar, W. (2013). Difference in ratio of evertor to invertor activity between the dominant and non-dominant legs during simulated lateral ankle sprain. Journal of Sport Rehabilitation, 22(4), 272-278.
- Knight, A.C. & Weimar, W.H. (2012). Effects of ankle taping and previous injury on the latency of the peroneus longus. Sports Biomechanics, 11, 48-56.
- Gilliland, K.J. & Knight, A.C. (2012). Friedreich's ataxia and gait changes through participation in therapeutic horseback riding. Clinical Kinesiology, 66, 1-6.
- Knight, A.C. & Weimar, W.H. (2011). Effects of inversion perturbation after step down task on the latency of the peroneus longus and peroneus brevis. Journal of Applied Biomechanics, 27, 283-290.
- Knight, A.C. & Weimar, W.H. (2011). Development of a fulcrum methodology to replicate thelateral ankle sprain mechanism and measure dynamic inversion speed. Sports Biomechanics, DOI:10.1080/14763141.2011.638724
- Knight, A.C. & Weimar, W.H. (2011). Difference in response latency of the peroneus longus between the dominant and nondominant legs. Journal of Sport Rehabilitation, 20 (3), 321-332.
- American Society of Biomechanics (ASB)
- National Athletic Trainers' Association (NATA)
- American College of Sports Medicine Southeast Chapter (SEACSM)