Department of Kinesiology
- Auburn University (Ph.D., 2009, Biomechanics)
- Auburn University (M.Ed., 2006, Exercise Science)
- University of Southern Mississippi (B.S., 2004, Athletic Training)
Areas of Research
- Lateral Ankle Sprain Mechanics
- Sport Biomechanics
- Influence of Therapeutic Horseback Riding on Gait
- Occupational Biomechanics
Areas of Teaching
- Anatomical Kinesiology
- Motor Learning and Skill Analysis
- Neural Control of Human Movement
- Stranburg, T., Liu, Y., Chander, H., & Knight, A. (2018). Assessment of performance of Nitonol-based arch wedge supports in bearing forces and stresses due to human movement using FEA. International Journal for Computational Methods in Engineering Science and Mechanics, E-pub ahead of print, https://doi.org/10.1080/15502287.2018.1533601.
- Simpson, J.D., Miller, B.L., O’Neal, E., Chander, H., & Knight, A. & (2018). Ground reaction forces during a drop vertical jump: Impact of external load training. Human Movement Science, 59, 12-19.
- Chander, H., Knight, A.C., Wade, C., Carruth, D., DeBusk, H., & Hill, C.M. (2018). Impact of military type footwear and workload on heel contact dynamics during slip events. International Journal of Industrial Ergonomics, 66, 18-25.
- Simpson, J., DeBusk, H., Hill, C.M., Knight, A.C., & Chander, H. (2018). The role of military footwear type and workload on ground reaction forces during a simulated lateral ankle sprain mechanism, The Foot, 34, 53-57.
- Simpson J., Miller B., O’Neal E., Chander H., & Knight A. (2017). External Load Training Does Not Alter Balance Performance in Well-Trained Women. Sports Biomechanics, 1-14. DOI: 10.1080/14763141.2017.1341546.
- Chander, H., Garner, J., Wade, C., & Knight, A. (2017). Slip initiation in alternative and slip resistant footwear. International Journal of Occupational Safety and Ergonomics, 23(4), 558-569. IDOI: 10.1080/10803548.2016.1262498.
- Knight, A. & Coffey, K. (2016). The effect of equine assisted therapy on gait for an individual with a spinal cord injury. PALAESTRA, 30(4), 40-43.
- Knight, A., Holmes, M., Chander, H., Stewart, T., and Kimble, A. (2016). Assessment of balance among adolescent track and field athletes, Sports Biomechanics, 15(2), 169-179.
- Knight, A. & Weimar, W. (2013). Difference in ratio of evertor to invertor activity between the dominant and non-dominant legs during simulated lateral ankle sprain. Journal of Sport Rehabilitation, 22(4), 272-278.
- Knight, A.C. & Weimar, W.H. (2012). Effects of ankle taping and previous injury on the latency of the peroneus longus. Sports Biomechanics, 11, 48-56.
- Gilliland, K.J. & Knight, A.C. (2012). Friedreich's ataxia and gait changes through participation in therapeutic horseback riding. Clinical Kinesiology, 66, 1-6.
- Knight, A.C. & Weimar, W.H. (2011). Effects of inversion perturbation after step down task on the latency of the peroneus longus and peroneus brevis. Journal of Applied Biomechanics, 27, 283-290.
- Knight, A.C. & Weimar, W.H. (2011). Development of a fulcrum methodology to replicate thelateral ankle sprain mechanism and measure dynamic inversion speed. Sports Biomechanics, DOI:10.1080/14763141.2011.638724
- Knight, A.C. & Weimar, W.H. (2011). Difference in response latency of the peroneus longus between the dominant and nondominant legs. Journal of Sport Rehabilitation, 20 (3), 321-332.
- American Society of Biomechanics (ASB)
- National Athletic Trainers' Association (NATA)
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA)