Drivers Education Endorsement
The Drivers Education Endorsement provides students with the knowledge and skills to teach Driver’s Education. These courses are typically taken by students majoring in the Physical Education and Coaching area of Kinesiology, Education students, and Teachers who are currently teaching, and want to add this endorsement in order to teach Drivers Education at the high school level.
Drivers Education Endorsement Curriculum
- KI 2213 – Emergency Health Care – This course is randomly taught either as an online course or face-to-face.
- You would need to check the Master Schedule or call the main office in Kinesiology at 662-325-2963 for more information.
- PE 3433 General Safety Methods – ONLINE (Taught online throughout the year)
- PE 4413 Driver’s Education I – ONLINE (Taught online throughout the year)
- PE 4423 Driver’s Education Methods II – MAIN CAMPUS (Only taught face to face in JULY/SUMMER II)
Health Education Endorsement
To be eligible for institutional recommendation from Mississippi State University for a Health Education Endorsement, a valid Mississippi educator's license in home economics, biology, general science, or physical education is required. If you have questions about when the following courses will be offered, please contact the Department of Kinesiology at (662) 325-2963.
Health Education Endorsement Curriculum
- PE 4883: School Health Education (3 credit hours)
- KI 2213: Emergency Health Care (3 credit hours)
- SO 1203: Sociology of Families (3 credit hours)
- Choose from one of the following:
- PSY 4223: Drug Use and Abuse (3 credit hours)
- FNH 4783: School and Community Drug Use Prevention (3 credit hours)
All coursework must be completed at Mississippi State University and with a grade of "C" or higher.