Department of Kinesiology
- Arizona State University (Ph.D., 2013, Kinesiology)
- National Taiwan Normal University (M.Ed., 2006, Physical Education)
- National Tainan Teachers College (B.Ed., 1999, Elementary Education; Physical Education minor)
Areas of Teaching
- Motor Learning and Development
- Adapted Physical Education
- Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Aging and Physical Activity
Areas of Research
- Exercise & Mental Health in Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
- Sleep and Motor Performance
- Motor Learning and Skill Acquisition
- Adapted Physical Activity
- Physical Literacy & Fitness
- Chen, C.-C. (JJ), Ryuh, Y-J, Donald, M., & Rayner, M. (2021). The Impact of Badminton Lessons on Health and Wellness of Young Adults with Intellectual Disabilities: A Pilot Study. International Journal of Developmental Disabilities, Advanced online publication.
- Ringenbach, S.D.R., Holzapfel, S.D., Arnold, N.E., Nam, K., Lopez, C., Chen, C-C, Buman, M.P., Youngstedt, S.D., Teslevich, J., Wallace, K.C. (2020). Assisted Cycling Therapy (ACT) Improves Adaptive Behaviors in Adolescents with Down Syndrome, Journal of Developmental and Physical Disabilities, 32(3), 535-552.
- Chen, C.-C. (JJ), Ryuh, Y-J, Fang, Q., Lee, Y., & Kim, M-L (2019). The Effects of Inclusive Soccer Program on Motor Performance and Sport Skill in Young Adults with and without Intellectual Disabilities, Journal of Developmental and Physical Disabilities, 31(4), 487-499.
- Chen, C.-C. (JJ), Ryuh, Y-J, Hardwick, H., Shirley, R., Brinkley, B., Lim, S., Lee, Y., & Kim, M-L. (2019). Psychological Benefits of Inclusive Soccer Program in Young Adults with and without Intellectual Disabilities. Journal of Developmental and Physical Disabilities, 31(6), 847-861.
- Chen, C.-C. (J.J.) & Ringenbach, S.D.R. (2018). Walking Performance in Adolescents and Young Adults with Down syndrome: The Role of Obesity and Sleep Disorders. Journal of Intellectual Disability Research, 62(4), 339-348.
- Chen, C.-C. (J.J.) & Ringenbach, S.D.R. (2016). Dose-Response Relationship between Intensity of Exercise and Cognitive Performance in Individuals with Down syndrome: A Preliminary Study. Journal of Intellectual Disability Research, 60(6), 606-614.
- Chen, C.-C. (J.J.), Ringenbach, S.D.R. Crews, D., Kulinna, P., & Amazeen, E. (2015). The association between a single bout of moderate physical activity and executive function in young adults with Down syndrome: A preliminary study, Journal of Intellectual Disability Research, 59(7), 589-598.
- Ringenbach, S.D., Albert, A.R., Chen, C.C., & Alberts, J.L. (2014). Acute Bouts of Assisted Cycling Improves Cognitive and Upper Extremity Movement Functions in Adolescents with Down Syndrome. Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities, 52(2), 124-135.
- Chen, C.-C. (J.J.), Ringenbach, S.D.R, & Snow, M. (2014). Treadmill Walking Effects on Grip Strength in Young Men with Down Syndrome. Research in Developmental Disabilities, 35, 288-293.
- Chen, C.-C. (JJ), & Spanò, G., & Edgin, J. (2013). The Impact of Sleep Disruption on Executive Function in Down Syndrome. Research in Developmental Disabilities, 34, 2033-2039.
- American College of Sports Medicine
- International Federation of Adapted Physical Activity
- International Motor Development Research Consortium
- Shape America
- The National Consortium for Physical Education for Individuals with Disabilities