Department / Division
- Clinical Exercise Physiology
- University of Southern Mississippi (Ph.D., 1989, Exercise Physiology)
- Louisiana State University (M.S., 1982, Community Health/Cardiac Rehabilitation)
- Louisiana State University (B.S., 1980, General Studies)
Areas of Research
- Theoretical construct of the disablement process model (how one progresses from pathology to disability) with regard to functional loss with aging and attenuation of functional loss via exercise intervention.
Areas of Teaching
- Fundamentals of Kinesiology
- Advanced Exercise Physiology
- Brown SP, Joe L, Huxford CS. Exercise Electrocardiography. Dubuque, IA: Kendall Hunt Publishing, 2022.
- Brown SP (Ed.). Fundamentals of Kinesiology. 3rd Edition. Dubuque, IA: Kendall Hunt Publishing, 2021.
- Price F, Smith JW, Brown SP. Educating with Captain America: Metabolic and Nutritional Considerations. Advances in Physiology Education. 46(3):362-364, 2022.
- Ghosh S, Choi P, Brown SP, Motl RW, Agiovlasitis S. Levels and patterns of sedentary behavior in men and women with intellectual disability. Disability and Health Journal. 2021; 14(3):1-7.